Sustainable development in our community
Resolution Copper is made up of people who live and work in the Copper Triangle, Copper Corridor and nearby tribal communities. We care about these communities, and want to help them thrive. We also know that if we want to build a strong business, we need the support and partnership of strong communities.
We rely on our neighbors to tell us what matters most to them so we can invest in social programs and initiatives that can deliver mutual benefits for the community and the company.
Through our Social Investments, we strive to:
- Build our Knowledge
- Strengthen relationships
- Develop mutually beneficial partnerships
Our Social Investment priorities include:
- Economic Growth
- Cultural Heritage
Resolution Copper Social Investments include:
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education plays a big role in educating the workforce of the future. In the last decade, we’ve invested in programs that can pique kids’ interest in STEM, so they are more likely to gain the skills that can fuel career success. We invested $206,000 in STEM education during the 2015/16 school year and used another $75,000 to fund teacher training and popular programs like Lego Robotics with surrounding schools such as Superior High School, Miami High School, Globe High School and the San Carlos Secondary School.
- Every year we give scholarships of up to $3,000 to qualified students from the Copper Triangle and Copper Corridor communities and tribal communities who are interested in pursuing a career in mining or related fields.
- We have invested nearly $165,000 in maintaining rescue equipment for the Queen Valley Fire District, training their team and supporting the life-saving work they do.
- Supporting the Business Attraction and Retention program implemented by the Superior Chamber of Commerce. This innovative program aims to build a diverse and sustainable economy for the Superior community.
Resolution Copper seeks to partner with Native American nations, groups and organizations to create mutually beneficial partnerships in cultural heritage.
Click here to view an infographic showing our social investment framework at Resolution Copper.
Contact Resolution Copper Communities at: email@example.com
Resolution Copper Corporate Giving Program
As part of Resolution Copper’s Social Investments, we offer a limited number of small grants to non-profit organizations with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and to programs that share our values and align with our commitment to the surrounding communities. Fill out the application to apply for the RC Corporate Giving Program. We also consider in-kind donations to organizations that meet criteria.
The community working group
More than a dozen people from Superior, Queen Valley and the surrounding communities make up an organization called the Community Working Group. Members of the group are business leaders, community leaders, representatives of local organization and citizens who are interested in the project and committed to the Copper Triangle.
Every month, we meet with the group and talk about the project, our plans and progress and, most important, listen to their feedback and ideas. These meetings are open to the public.
The Working Group helps us stay regularly connected with our communities, understand their concerns and make better-informed decisions.
For more information about the Community Working Group, please visit www.superiorazcwg.org.